Friday, May 31, 2013

The secret legacy of Zadracarta III : an Eurasian epic and descendance !

by Jean-Jacques COURTEY, Doctor in Economic Geography, Ph. D
___________________________

In this important act, we'll see why and how Vanya had to leave Themiscyra at the age of five for a mysterious destination to the extreme-Occident, Gaul.

Act III : From Themiscyra to Gaul

Scene I : The surprises of Spring Festival

Phoebe is meeting again Spadines. Spadines is asking questions about "Vanya the hero".

Phoebe :
Hello, stranger ! How are you since last year ?

Spadines :
I'm quite fit, my beloved Amazon.

Spadines is holding her body in his firm hands, and kisses her. She is smiling.

Phoebe :
Haven't you got something to tell me "Spad" ?

Spadines :
What ? What should I tell you ?

Phoebe :
For instance, you could admit you are not a Gagarian participating the Spring Festival.

Spadines :
I'm a Scythe like them.

Phoebe :
Well, you are more than that. Aren't you King, Spadines ?

Spadines :
Oh, I see. You know who is really your lover now.

Phoebe :
Yes ! And you could have told me !

Spadines :
I don't know who gave you this information. But yes, I am the King of the free Scythes. And I'm here on peace, as usually, to meet my preferred mate.

Phoebe :
Thanks for the compliment. Queen Thalestris was right, you prefer merging with us than fighting us.

Spadines :
Come in my arms, Phoebe! If I had bad intentions about Amazons, there is a long time I would have seized the opportunity to attack you during the Spring Festival, don't you think ?

Phoebe :
I guess you are telling the truth this time. But what are you expecting of me exactly.

Spadines :
I need an heir, a male heir. And I want him from you beautiful Phoebe. Thalestris was the Queen of King Alexander, and you will be mine.

Phoebe :
Even, I was your Queen, I'll still have to obey my Queen, who is Thalestris.

Spadines :
I know that. And I don't ask you to be disloyal to her.
By the way, who is looking after "Vanya the hero", the son she got from Alexander the Great ?

Phoebe :
Why this question ? It has nothing to do with you.

Spadines :
Hmm, I see I am bothering you. Let's end talking, Phoebe, and let's make love. We are both here for that, aren't we ?

Phoebe :
Of course ! So stop talking, and make me the baby you want Spad !

Spadines takes immediately action in order to please Phoebe, and after exhaustion of their bodies, they both go to sleep in each other arms.

Scene II : Phoebe's warning about Vanya to Thalestris

Phoebe is entering the room of the Queen in the next morning. She wants to talk to her.

Phoebe :
Good morning, my Queen ! Have you slept well ?

Thalestris, smiling :
It should be me asking you the question, Phoebe. Did Spadines let you have some rest after your passionate night ?

Phoebe, with little eyes :
In fact, I didn't sleep much. He woke me up three times during the night.
He is very energetic you know. But finally, he fell completely asleep for all the morning.

Thalestris, wandering :
Did you come to tell me about his physical performances, or do you want to tell me something else ?

Phoebe :
Well, it's about Vanya.

Thalestris :
Vanya has nothing to do with the Spring Festival. He is far too young.
He is just five now.

Phoebe :
No, I don't mean that.

Thalestris :
I don't understand.

Phoebe :
Spadines just asked me who is looking after "Vanya the hero", and I felt strange about his question. So I just wanted to warn you about Spadines.

Thalestris :
You think he could try to capture or subdue him, in order to pressurize me as the Queen of Amazons. Don't you ?

Phoebe :
Yes, because it's the first time he is talking about him. He never did before. Above that, I told Spadines that I know he is not a Gagarian, but the King of free Scythes.

Thalestris :
I see. So there is a potential threat about my son now.

Phoebe :
I am not sure. But I feel, you have to be careful.
He is not my son, but I love him as much as you my Queen. And I wouln't like anything bad to happen to him.

Thalestris :
Isn't strange ? I forbade the crippling of young boys at five, which should protect my son, and allow him to stay with us the Amazons.
But because of a sneeky Scythe, I am obliged to think Vanya better be sent in some secure place far from me and his beloved sister, Anya.

Phoebe :
The God Ares may have made you a sign through Spadines, my Queen.
And I would understand you consider it carefully.

Thalestris :
The problem is that I cannot send him to his father, Alexander. My spies informed me that his second wife, Roxana, whom I didn't understand if she is Iranian or Afghan, is extremely jealous. She may just kill our son.

Phoebe :
Why don't you ask the advice of a man about what to do, my Queen ?

Thalestris :
Which man are you talking about ?

Phoebe :
Well, the one you consider a bit as your father, Magog the Goth, your Chamberlain, my Queen.

Thalestris :
That's right. He may know what to do, and where I should send Vanya to be safely protected from Spadines.
Well, ask him to come to see me now, Phoebe. And call also Andromache who is looking after my twins.

Phoebe is leaving the Queen's room. She goes to Magog's room to tell the Queen wants to see him for something urgent. And she also gets Andromache for the Queen.

Scene III : A mission for Magog and Andromache

Magog is entering the Queen's room. And Andromache is also arriving.

Magog :
Good morning, my Queen.

Andromache :
Good morning, Queen Thalestris.

Thalestris :
Good morning to you both.
You may wander why I wanted to see you both ?

Magog and Andromache, together :
Yes !

Thalestris :
It's about my son, Vanya. Phoebe just reported me that King Spadines seems a bit too interested in him. And as he is five now, I think I have to make a decision about his future.

Magog :
You mean, Vanya wouldn't stay amongst us in spite of the fact you abolished last year boys'crippling at five ?

Thalestris :
Unhappily, no !

Andromache :
His sister, Anya, will cry a lot if he has to leave us all. They are so attached to each other.

Thalestris :
I am also terribly sad having to take a so hard decision. But the security of my son, the heir of Alexander the Great, is in game.

Magog :
So you want to send him back to his father ?

Thalestris :
I would like to, if he wasn't married anew with Roxana. I've heard by my spies she can be extremely agressive and violent.

Magog :
So what shall we do ?

Thalestris :
That's exactly the question I wanted to ask you my faithful Magog, or you even Andromache.

Magog :
I think it's better to send Vanya to the Extreme-Occident, as far as we can. So we will protect him both from Spadines, and also from Roxana.

Andromache :
Have you thought about sending him to Roma ?

Thalestris :
No, further than Roma. Gaul I think.

Magog :
When I was still a free Goth, I remember I saved a Roman patrician in Pannonia, in Buda. What was his name ? Hmmm! Ah, that's it, I remember : he was called Centurion Lucius Curtius. I saved him from the Huns : they wanted to make a sauce with him, they would have called "Lucullus" !

Thalestris :
How did you save him, Magog ?

Magog :
Oh, I just put them in the cauldron with paprika, instead of him !

Thalestris :
So, you made a "hunnic" sauce in that case !

They are all laughing.

Andromache :
That's strange. I've heard this name of Curtius. When you sent me in Roma as a spy servant, just before the birth of your twins, Queen Thalestris, I used to serve a beautiful patrician, called Marcus Curtius.

Magog :
Oh, that's the name of Lucius' son. He told me when he gave me this lapis-lazuli ring set in sterling silver for the little finger, if I needed one day his help. So, you mean Lucius is dead, Andromache ?

Andromache :
I think so, because Marcus was the new paterfamilias when I was at his service for a short while. He has got a wood exploitation in Gaul Transalpina.

Thalestris :
Really ! That's quite right for my little Vanya then !

Magog :
Perhaps, whe should visit Marcus Curtius, my Queen  ?!

Thalestris :
Yes, you and Andromache, take my son to him. And see what he can do for you in the memory of his father, whom you save the life in Pannonia.
When travelling, you will be officially his uncle, and Andromache will be your servant.

Magog :
At your orders, my Queen. I'll prepare our horses, and plenty water and food for the long travel.

Thalestris :
Take also this purse full of gold coins for all your expenses, faithful Magog. Andromache will stay forever with my son, wherever he is.
And when your mission to Gaul will be completed, come back to me !
I'll need your comforting presence at my sides in Themiscyra, strong and wise Magog, to face Spadines ambitions !

Magog :
At your orders, my Queen ! We'll also make good use about the purse.

Andromache :
I'll get ready also for this long journey Queen Thalestris. I am going to look for Vanya, and let your children say good bye to each other.
I'll try to explain Anya, this is necessary for Vanya's security and survival.

Scene IV : Passing by the borders of daddy's kingdom in Thrace

The most dangerous part of the travel is to pass by the Kingdom of Macedonia, governed by General Antipater (397-319 BC), the Regent in the absence of Alexander the Great. Antipater is under the influence of Aristotle the philosopher (384 - 322 BC).
Nothing must leek about the existence of Vanya, the son of Alexander.
So the little group is travelling in Thrace at night, but along the borders of Macedonia. And the problem is sometimes, they are on the wrong side.

Soldier Acanthos :
Who goes there ?

Magog :
We are just travelers crossing Thrace.

Soldier Acanthos :
You are not in Thrace here, but in Macedonia.
And it doesn't really matter as Alexander conquered also Thrace.

Andromache, trying to use female seduction to subdue the soldier :
You are a tall soldier. What's your name officer ?

Soldier Acanthos :
My name is Acanthos. But I am not officer.

Andromache :
You will certainly be one day.

Soldier Acanthos :
I doubt it. Alexander is not back from Orient, and General Antipater, our Regent dislike me. I've been sent here just to be killed by some angry Thraces.

Magog :
You mean your life isn't easy, don't you ?

Soldier Acanthos, lifting his javelline :
Forget about my life, and tell me what you are doing here ! And who is this boy ?

The soldier is catching the boy. And Magog gets angry.

Magog :
Don't touch him ?

The Soldier Acanthos :
Why ? Is he a prince ?

Andromache :
What would you do, if he was ?

The soldier Acanthos :
I'll arrest him to conduct him to my officer, who would then report General Antipater.

Andromache :
Really ! So you can be a nuisance !

She takes swiftly her bow and blow an arrow on the top of his left shoulder. The soldier is falling down.

Magog :
Did you kill him ?

Andromache :
No, with the dose of soporific on my arrow, he will just sleep at least three days.
That will be enough to leave this place in security.

Another soldier is arriving :
Acanthos, it's me Bromellios, where are you ?

Magog who jumped from his horse, quickly knocks out Bromellios. And with another soporific arrow of Andromache, he grazes the right hand of the soldier.

Magog to Andromache :
He will sleep also three days !

Andromache :
Hmmm, four days I think, because you are stronger than me !

Vanya is taking the soporific arrow from Magog's hand, and grazes the right hand of the first soldier, Acanthos.

Vanya :
I gave him one more day sleep !  Like that everything will be all right !

Magog and Andromache are amazed at Vanya's ingeniosity.
And the happy trio is quickly leaving into a galop the hazardous place, laughing joyously.


Scene V : Hosts of Marcus Curtius in Roma

Andromache, Magog and Vanya are approaching the street where is the villa of Marcus Curtius. But suddenly, Andromache recognizes him in the crowd.

Andromache :
Ave Marcus Curtius !

Marcus Curtius :
Oh ! Andromache, is it you ? Last time, I saw you, you told me your mother was dying somewhere in Cappadocia.

Andromache :
I also told you I am an Amazon in fact, but you didn't believe me.

Marcus Curtius :
Who are those people travelling with you ?

Andromache :
Here is Magog, my master. And Vanya, his nephew.

Marcus Curtius :
You said Magog ?

Andromache :
Yes, why ?

Marcus Curtius :
Well, my father told me about a Goth warrior who saved his life in Pannonia from Huns. He avoided him to finish in sauce if I understood well. And his savior who cooked instead several Huns was carrying this funny name.

Magog :
Yes, that's me. And here is the lapis-lazuli ring your father gave me if I needed his help.

Marcus Curtius :
My father is dead, as Andromache must already know. But as his heir, I'll honour his promise. Let's enter my villa first, my friends.

All of them enter the luxurious villa of Marcus Curtius in Roma.
And Marcus Curtius is ordering some refreshments for his hosts.

Marcus Curtius :
So you said you need my help, dear Magog. Didn't you ?

Magog :
I am officially the chamberlain of Thalestris, Queen of Amazons in Themiscyra, Cappadocia.

Marcus Curtius :
Wow, so Andromache wasn't saying bullshits about the fact she is an Amazon warrior in that case.

Andromache :
I never said bullshits to you. But I understand it was hard to believe.
And the reason why we are here is still more unbelievable.

Marcus Curtius :
Really ! That's amazing !

Magog showing Vanya :
In fact, Vanya is not my nephew. He is a prince, and not an ordinary one. He actually is the son of Queen Thalestris and King Alexander the Great !

Marcus Curtius :
The son of Alexander the Great ! His heir ! Wow ! That's a great honour for me to receive you in my humble villa.

Magog :
Queen Thalestris is asking you through me if you could send his son in Gaul ? Andromache told me you have a wood exploitation in Gaul Transalpina.

Marcus Curtius :
I've got effectively a good one on the way to Lugdunum (Lyons), near a groot called Balma Cornillon.
Some "Gaulois" are working for me, beside my Roman servants.

Andromache :
I'll stay with Vanya for the rest of my life in your exploitation, if you agree.
Because Magog will need to go back to Themiscyra where Queen Thalestris is waiting for him, after the completion of our travel to Gaul.

Marcus Curtius :
Well, I need a governess for my house attached to the exploitation overthere, so you can be, Andromache.
And for the prince Vanya, it's better to change his name. He will carry mine. Let me think. Hmmm... That's it, he wil be called Janus Curtius.

Magog :
Why Janus ?

Marcus Curtius :
Janus is a double faced God in our religion. So it will be quite convenient to recall his hidden origin. We could even decide for the secret dynasty of Alexander the Great and Thalestris, all his entitled male heirs will be called Janus.

Magog :
In that case, I transmit also Vanya,.... Hmm ...I wanted to say Janus Curtius, my lapis-lazuli ring in sterling silver, to be the symbol of his right to rule one day, whatever it will be him or a far descendant in Gaul.

Marcus Curtius :
So mote it be !
Of course, all of us are swearing now to keep the secret till the times come.

And they drink Roman wine in the honour of God Mars (Ares for the hosts), to take the oath.

Magog :
When will we be able to go to your place in Gaul Transalpina ?

Marcus Curtius :
Well, all of you need to take a little rest for two days, I think.
So we could set our departure, by three days at dawn. And we will normally arrive overthere in three days more.

Magog :
Thank you very much for everything, Marcus Curtius. And have a good night !

Everybody is also saying good night, and going to sleep.

Scene VI : The arrival in Gaul, in Balma Cornillon, with Marcus Curtius help

Balma Cornillon is called nowadays La Baume-Cornillane (DrĂ´me, France), and is situated 18 km from Valence (Valentia in Latin).

At dark.

Marcus Curtius :
That's it ! I can see the groot. We are arriving in my place.
It's called Balma Cornillon by the inhabitants of the little hamlet.

Magog :
What is in the Groot ?

Marcus Curtius :
According to an old legend, this groot is a secret passage to the center of the Earth.

Andromache :
That's thrilling !

Marcus Curtius :
You can say so. I've chosen especially this place because of the mysterious groot.

Vanya :
Why ?

Marcus Curtius :
You see, my boy, this place is very special and magic. I've heard an astonishing story about its tremendous importance for the solidity of our Earth. Telluric forces join together here from all the continents. And if one day they were parting, an immense swallow hole would open and could engulf everything.

Vanya :
Wow ! Wow !

Andromache :
That's strange and a bit worrying also.

Andromache is taking kindly the hand of Vanya/Janus.

Marcus Curtius :
Don't worry, as long as there is a Curtius to live here, nothing like that will happen. You have to know that a renown ancestor of mine, carrying the same name as me, Marcus Curtius also, save Roma a bit more than one century ago from such a catastrophic swallow hole in the Roman Forum.

Magog :
I'm exhausted. Do you think someone of your house can prepare a hot meal for us.

Marcus Curtius :
Oh yes, certainly.

Marcus Curtius is approaching someone guarding the place at night.

Marcus Curtius :
Titus, wake up my cousin Flavinia and tell her to prepare a hot soup, and some meat and cheese for all of us !
And after, she will show my guests their rooms to have a good sleep.

Marcus Curtius is watching at Andromache kissing the forehead of Vanya/Janus.

Marcus Curtius to Magog :
Isn't she cute for a warrior Amazon, kissing this lovely boy ?!

Magog :
Oh, she is very devoted to him. He is a prince. And I guess she is starting to consider herself as a second Mom for him.

Marcus Curtius, watching at  Vanya/Janus, and addressing him :
That's good for the newborn Janus Curtius. And you are from now my nephew. Will you remember your new name, little prince ? Janus Curtius. Can you repeat ?

Vanya/Janus :
My name now is Janus Curtius, uncle Marcus !

Marcus Curtius :
Excellent,  you are very fast to learn !

Magog :
Very good Vanya ! Yes, you are now Janus Curtius, nephew of Marcus Curtius ! I'll tell Thalestris also : she absolutely must be aware of that after my return to Themiscyra.


Third epilog : Happy life of Vanya/Janus in Gaul Transalpina with  affective attachment to lovely Sylvia

Magog has gone back to Queen Thalestris in Themiscyra.
Everyday, Vanya/Janus can see how to work the wood with men.
Andromache is keeping a motherly eye on him. He even took the habit to call her Mom. She doesn't mind, because she knows Queen Thalestris send her to Gaul with him for that.
Flavinia, a far cousin of Marcus Curtius has got a little girl around his age, and they like playing together. She is called Sylvia, and has got marvellous brown eyes and silky dark hair.

Sylvia :
Come Janus, I want to show you something.

Janus :
What ?

Sylvia :
In this tree, there are two squarrels. And they eat nuts.
Look, look, they are doing it !

Janus :
That's right. I can see it.

Sylvia :
The one with a white mark on the head is a male : it's daddy.
And the one with curly eyebrows is the female : it's mummy.

Janus :
Yes, they are cute. Have you got a mark also as a girl ?

Sylvia :
I don't think so. And you, Janus, show me your hands !

Janus, giving her his hands :
Do you see something special ?

Sylvia, holding gently his right hand :
Yes, here on your index. There are remarkable signs !

Janus :
It's just the joint of my finger, Sylvia.

Sylvia :
Yes, but I can see a drawing above, like a Moon crescent attached to a mirror.

Janus :
You have lynx eyes, Sylvia. In fact, it's true there is the drawing you describe. I always had it, since my birth.

Sylvia :
I saw it because I always pay a lot of attention to you, Janus.

Janus :
Why that ?

Sylvia, kissing his cheeks and moving like a little doll  :
Because, I am like the female squarrel you can see in the tree.

Janus :
And me the male one ?

Sylvia :
Yes, exactly. Have you noticed there are two tiny squarrels behind them ?

Janus :
I can't see. Ah, yes ! That's true. They are a family.

Sylvia :
In the future, me also, I'd like to have a family with my preferred squarrel.

Janus :
Having a family is great. In a way, you are a bit my family, Sylvia.

Sylvia is becoming red, and she seizes his left hand :
I am happy when we are together Janus. We just miss the nuts to be like those lovely squarrels.

Janus :
See, the male is scratching delicately the female neck.

Sylvia :
You can scratch mine if you want.

Janus is smiling at her, and instead of scratching her, he gives her a kiss on her reddish cheeks :
I prefer kissing your lovely cheeks.

Over suddenly, Andromache is interrupting their squarrels' observation.

Andromache :
Janus, Sylvia, come to the house ! The meal is ready.

She approaches them, and takes their little hands to bring them back home.

                                             (to be followed)

No comments:

Post a Comment